|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
LTI OEM Preload Process—Phase 2: Apply the Image to the Target Computer
The second phase of the OEM preload process is performed by the OEM or by the deployment team in the staging environment of the deployment organization. During this phase of the process, the .iso file or DVD created in Phase 1 is applied to the target computers. The deliverable of this phase is the image deployed on the target computers so that they are ready for deployment in the production environment.
To apply the image to the target computers
1. Start a target computer with the media created in the Phase 1.
Windows PE starts, and then the Windows Deployment Wizard starts.
2. In the Windows Deployment Wizard, click the OEM Preinstallation Task Sequence for Staging Environment task sequence.
The task sequence will start and the contents of the bootable media will be copied to the local hard disk of the target computer.
3. When the Windows Deployment Wizard is complete for the OEM Preinstallation Task Sequence for Staging Environment task sequence, the hard disk will be ready to initiate the remainder of the deployment process by running the Windows Deployment Wizard for the other task sequences that are used to deploy the operating system.
The OEM Preinstallation Task Sequence for Staging Environment task sequence is responsible for deploying the image to the target computer and initiating the LTI process. The Windows Deployment Wizard will start a second time to run the task sequences used to deploy the operating system on the target computer.
4. Clone the contents of the first hard disk to as many target computers in the staging environment as required.
5. The target computers are delivered to the production environment for deployment.