The deployment of operating systems and applications as well as the migration of user state can be a challenging endeavor, even when you are equipped with appropriate tools and guidance. This reference, which is part of Microsoft® Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1, provides information on current known issues, possible workarounds for those issues, and troubleshooting guidance.
Note In this document, Windows applies to the Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems unless otherwise noted. MDT does not support ARM processor–based versions of Windows. Similarly, MDT refers to MDT 2012 Update 1 unless otherwise stated.
Note The Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) contains powerful tools for recovering and troubleshooting client computers that do not start or have become unstable. You can use DaRT to determine the cause of a crash, restore lost files, and so on. You can also use DaRT as a troubleshooting tool when developing and deploying a Windows operating system. For example, if a built image fails to start correctly, you can start the client computer containing the image by using ERD Commander—a diagnostic environment. Then, you can explore the client computer’s hard disk, view the event log, remove updates, change operating system settings, and so on. DaRT is part of the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance. To learn more about DaRT, see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/mdop/dart.aspx.
Microsoft Connect is a place for you to submit bugs and suggestions for Microsoft products—including Microsoft Solution Accelerators—that Microsoft will consider for future releases. When you join the site, you will be able to:
· Find Microsoft products that are currently accepting feedback from the community
· Participate in feedback programs that Microsoft product teams manage
· Download and test beta products
· Submit bugs and suggestions for future releases of Microsoft products
· Vote, comment on, and validate other people's feedback
To leave feedback on Microsoft Connect, perform the following steps:
1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com.
2. Sign in using any valid Windows Live® ID.
3. At the top of the page, click Directory.
4. In the list, scroll down to Solution Accelerators Microsoft Deployment Connection Program, and then click Join.
Approval is automatic.
5. In the navigation pane, click Feedback.
Please provide feedback on the usefulness of this guide by filling out the survey at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=132579.