|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Introduction to the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Samples Guide
This guide is part of Microsoft® Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1 and guides a specialist team through deploying Windows® operating systems, Microsoft Office 2012, and the 2007 Microsoft Office system. Specifically, this guide is designed to provide sample configuration settings for specific deployment scenarios.
Note In this document, Windows applies to the Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems unless otherwise noted. MDT does not support ARM processor–based versions of Windows. Similarly, MDT refers to MDT 2012 Update 1 unless otherwise stated.
To use this guide
Review the list of scenario topics in the Table of Contents.
1. Select the scenario that most closely represents your organization’s deployment goals.
2. Review the sample configuration settings for the selected scenario.
3. Use the sample configuration settings as the foundation for the configuration settings in your environment.
4. Customize the sample configuration settings for your environment.
In many instances, more than one scenario might be necessary to complete the configuration settings for the environment.
Because this guide contains only sample configuration settings, reviewing the guides listed in Table 1 can further assist in customizing the configuration settings for the environment.
Table 1. Deployment Guidance in MDT
This guide offers assistance to help
Use Configuration Manager 2007 R3 to install the Windows 7 operating system in a New Computer deployment scenario.
Use Configuration Manager 2012 to install the Windows 7 operating system in a New Computer deployment scenario.
Install the Windows 7 operating system through Lite Touch Installation (LTI) using bootable media in a New Computer deployment scenario.
Install the Windows 7 operating system with User-Driven Installation and Configuration Manager 2012 in a New Computer deployment scenario.
Further customize the configuration files used in Zero Touch Installation (ZTI) and LTI deployments. This guide also provides generic configuration guidance and a technical reference for configuration settings.
Microsoft Connect is a place for you to submit bugs and suggestions for Microsoft products—including Microsoft Solution Accelerators—that Microsoft will consider for future releases. When you join the site, you will be able to:
· Find Microsoft products that are currently accepting feedback from the community
· Participate in feedback programs that Microsoft product teams manage
· Download and test beta products
· Submit bugs and suggestions for future releases of Microsoft products
· Vote, comment on, and validate other people's feedback
To leave feedback on Microsoft Connect, perform the following steps:
1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com.
2. Sign in using any valid Windows Live® ID.
3. At the top of the page, click Directory.
4. In the list, scroll down to Solution Accelerators Microsoft Deployment Connection Program, and then click Join.
Approval is automatic.
5. In the navigation pane, click Feedback.
Please provide feedback on the usefulness of this guide by filling out the survey at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=132579.