|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Introduction to Quick Start Guide for User-Driven Installation
Microsoft® Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1 provides technology for deploying Windows® operating systems, Microsoft Office 2010, and the 2007 Microsoft Office system. This quick start guide helps you quickly evaluate MDT 2012 Update 1 by providing condensed, step-by-step instructions for using it to install the Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 with User-Driven Installation (UDI) and Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. This quick start guide demonstrates how to perform the MDT New Computer deployment scenario, which covers the deployment of Windows 7 to a new computer. This scenario assumes that there is no user data or profile to preserve.
Note In this document, Windows applies to the Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems unless otherwise noted. MDT does not support ARM processor–based versions of Windows. Similarly, MDT refers to MDT 2012 Update 1 unless otherwise stated.
After using this guide to evaluate MDT, review the rest of the MDT guidance to learn more about the technology’s advanced features.
Note The infrastructure setup described here is for evaluation purposes and not intended for a production system.
Microsoft Connect is a place for you to submit bugs and suggestions for Microsoft products—including Microsoft Solution Accelerators—that Microsoft will consider for future releases. When you join the site, you will be able to:
· Find Microsoft products that are currently accepting feedback from the community
· Participate in feedback programs that Microsoft product teams manage
· Download and test beta products
· Submit bugs and suggestions for future releases of Microsoft products
· Vote, comment on, and validate other people's feedback
To leave feedback on Microsoft Connect, perform the following steps:
1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com.
2. Sign in using any valid Windows Live® ID.
3. At the top of the page, click Directory.
4. In the list, scroll down to Solution Accelerators Microsoft Deployment Connection Program, and then click Join.
Approval is automatic.
5. In the navigation pane, click Feedback.
Please provide feedback on the usefulness of this guide by filling out the survey at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=132579.