Microsoft® Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1 is the next version of the Microsoft Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment. The purpose of this guide is to explain the changes in MDT 2012 Update 1 from MDT 2010 Update 1 Beta.
This guide specifically discusses the MDT 2012 Update 1 release and assumes familiarity with previous MDT version concepts, features, and capabilities.
Note In this document, Windows applies to the Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems unless otherwise noted. MDT does not support ARM processor–based versions of Windows. Similarly, MDT refers to MDT 2012 Update 1 unless otherwise stated.
Microsoft Connect is a place for you to submit bugs and suggestions for Microsoft products—including Solution Accelerators—that Microsoft will consider for future releases. When you join the site, you will be able to:
· Find Microsoft products that are currently accepting feedback from the community
· Participate in feedback programs that Microsoft product teams manage
· Download and test beta products
· Submit bugs and suggestions for future releases of Microsoft products
· Vote, comment on, and validate other people's feedback
To leave feedback on Microsoft Connect, perform the following steps:
1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com.
2. Sign in using any valid Windows Live® ID.
3. At the top of the page, click Directory.
4. In the list, scroll down to Solution Accelerators Microsoft Deployment Connection Program, and then click Join.
Approval is automatic.
5. In the navigation pane, click Feedback.
Please provide feedback on the usefulness of this guide by filling out the survey at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=132579.