Custom deployment code can be integrated into the MDT process in several ways; however, regardless of the method used, the following two rules should be met:
· The custom deployment code script name should always begin with the letter Z.
· The custom deployment code should be placed in the Scripts folder on the deployment share—for example, D:\Production Deployment Share\Scripts.
The most frequently used methods for integrating custom code that also ensure consistent logging are:
· Deploy the code as an MDT application
· Launch the code as an MDT task sequence command
· Launch the code as a user exit script