|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Installing Device Drivers Using Various Installation Methods
In this scenario, you use MDT to deploy an operating system to different types of hardware. As part of the deployment process, identify and install device drivers so that each hardware type will function correctly. There are two main types of device drivers; each must be handled differently during the deployment process:
· Device drivers that contain an .inf file that can be used to import the device driver into the Deployment Workbench
· Device drivers that are packaged as an application, and that must be installed as an application
Using MDT, you can handle both types of drivers as part of an operating system deployment.
Install device drivers by:
· Determining methods for installing each device driver as described in Determining Which Method to Use to Install a Device Driver
· Using the out-of-box drivers method as described in Installing Device Drivers Using the Out-of-Box Drivers Method
· Installing them as applications as described in Installing Device Drivers as Applications
This scenario assumes that MDT is running on a deployment server.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Samples
Determining Which Method to Use to Install a Device Driver
Installing Device Drivers Using the Out-of-Box Drivers Method
Installing Device Drivers as Applications