To prepare for performing deployments using MDT, perform the following tasks:
1. Review the known issues, limitations, and recommendations for preparing disks on target computers in MDT as described in Reviewing Known Issues, Limitations, and Recommendations for Installing or Upgrading to MDT.
2. Prepare the prerequisite infrastructure required for the LTI, ZTI, and UDI deployments methods as described in Preparing the Prerequisite Infrastructure for All MDT Deployment Methods.
3. Perform any combination of the following steps to ensure that MDT is installed correctly:
· Install a new instance of MDT on each computer where you want to manage MDT deployment shares as described in Installing a New Instance of MDT.
· Upgrade an existing instance of BDD 2007, MDT 2008, MDT 2010, MDT 2012 Update 1, or a prerelease version of MDT 2012 to MDT as described in Upgrading to MDT.
4. Determine whether any updates are available for the components in the Deployment Workbench using the Check Updates Wizard as described in Checking for Updates to MDT Components.
Note Windows PowerShell™ version 2.0 or later must be installed on any computer on which MDT is installed for management of LTI or ZTI deployments.
Using the Microsoft Deployment
Reviewing Known Issues, Limitations, and Recommendations for Installing or Upgrading to MDT
Preparing the Prerequisite Infrastructure for All MDT Deployment Methods
Installing a New Instance of MDT
Upgrading to MDT
Checking for Updates to MDT Components