DaRT version 7 is for use with Windows 7. For information on how to enable DaRT version 8 for use with Windows 8, see Enable DaRT 8 Support in LTI.
To enable DaRT 7 support in LTI
1. Perform an administrative installation of DaRT on the computer running the Deployment Workbench.
By default, if you do a traditional installation of DaRT, the processor architecture of DaRT is the same as the processor architecture of the operating system where you installed DaRT. For example, if you install DaRT on a 64-bit operating system, you will have a 64-bit version of DaRT.
Performing an administrative installation allows you to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of DaRT. With an administrative installation the folder structures for both processor architectures are created, but none of the shortcuts are created.
Perform an administrative installation of DaRT by running the following command from a command prompt:
msiexec.exe /a MSDart70.msi
2. Copy the 32-bit version of Tools.cab file from the DaRT administrative installation to the Tools\x86 folder in a deployment share.
3. Copy the 64-bit version of Tools.cab file from the DaRT administrative installation to the Tools\x64 folder in a deployment share.
4. Click Start, and then point to All Programs. Point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click Deployment Workbench.
5. In the Deployment Workbench console tree, go to Deployment Workbench/Deployment Shares
6. In the details pane, click deployment_share (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share for which you want to enable DaRT support).
7. In the Actions pane, click Properties.
The deployment_share Properties dialog box appears (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share for which you want to enable DaRT support).
8. In the deployment_share Properties dialog box, on the Windows PE tab, select platform (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share for which you want to enable DaRT support and platform is the processor architecture platform for which you want to enable DaRT support), select the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) check box, and then click OK.
9. Update the deployment share.
As a part of updating the deployment share, the DaRT files are integrated with the Lite Touch Windows PE .wim files, which automatically include Windows RE. When the .wim files are installed on the target computer, DaRT support will automatically be included.
Note For more information about updating a deployment share see Update a Deployment Share in the Deployment Workbench.
10. Close all open windows and dialog boxes.