|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Enable DaRT 8 Support in ZTI and UDI Boot Images for Windows 8 Operating Systems
Enabling DaRT 8 support in ZTI and UDI boot images for Windows 8 Operating Systems requires the installation of DaRT 8 on the computer on which you installed MDT. After DaRT 8 is installed, the Deployment Workbench in MDT automatically copies the necessary DaRT 8 files to the appropriate locations.
To enable DaRT 8 support in ZTI and UDI boot images for Windows 8 operating systems
1. Install DaRT on the computer running MDT.
Install DaRT by running the following command from a command prompt:
msiexec.exe /i MSDart80.msi
2. Start the Deployment Workbench.
When the Deployment Workbench starts, MDT copies the necessary DaRT files to the MDT installation. The Deployment workbench copies the:
· Toolsx86.cab file from the DaRT installation to the installation_folder\Templates\Distribution\Tools\x86 folder (where installation_folder is the folder where you installed MDT).
· Toolsx64.cab file from the DaRT installation to the installation_folder\Templates\Distribution\Tools\x64 folder (where installation_folder is the folder where you installed MDT).
3. Run the Create Boot Image Using the MDT Wizard to generate the boot image.
While running the Create Boot Image Using MDT Wizard, on the General Settings: Components wizard page, select the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit 8 (DaRT 8) check box.
For information about how to run the Create Boot Image Using MDT Wizard for:
· Configuration Manager 2012, see Creating ZTI Boot Images in Configuration Manager 2012
· Configuration Manager 2007 R3, see Creating ZTI Boot Images in Configuration Manager 2007 R3
4. Close all open windows and dialog boxes.