DaRT version 7 is for use with Windows 7. For information on how to enable DaRT version 8 for use with Windows 8, see Enable DaRT 8 Support in ZTI and UDI Boot Images.
To enable DaRT 7 support in ZTI and UDI Boot Images
1. Perform an administrative installation of DaRT on the computer running the Deployment Workbench.
By default, if you do a traditional installation of DaRT, the processor architecture of DaRT is the same as the processor architecture of the operating system where you installed DaRT. For example, if you install DaRT on a 64-bit operating system, you will have a 64-bit version of DaRT.
Performing an administrative installation allows you to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of DaRT. With an administrative installation the folder structures for both processor architectures are created, but none of the shortcuts are created.
Perform an administrative installation of DaRT by running the following command from a command prompt:
msiexec.exe /a MSDart70.msi
2. Copy the 32-bit version of Tools.cab file from the DaRT administrative installation to the installation_folder\Templates\Distribution\Tools\x86 folder (where installation_folder is the folder where you installed MDT).
3. Copy the 64-bit version of Tools.cab file from the DaRT administrative installation to the installation_folder\Templates\Distribution\Tools\x64 folder (where installation_folder is the folder where you installed MDT).
4. Run the Create Boot Image using MDT wizard to generate the boot image.
While running the Create Boot Image using MDT wizard, on the General Settings: Components wizard page, select the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) check box.
For information about how to run the Create Boot Image using MDT wizard for:
· Configuration Manager 2012, see Creating ZTI Boot Images in Configuration Manager 2012
· Configuration Manager 2007 R3, see Creating ZTI Boot Images in Configuration Manager 2007 R3
5. Close all open windows and dialog boxes.