UDI custom wizard pages created using the Build Your Own Page feature allow you to collect deployment information in addition to the information collected on other UDI Wizard pages. You create custom wizard pages based on the Build Your Own Page wizard page type. After you create the custom wizard page, you can add controls to the wizard page and configure the task sequence variables that the controls set.
To create a new custom wizard page
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click UDI Wizard Designer.
The UDI Wizard Designer starts.
2. Open the .xml file
3. On the Ribbon, on the Home tab, in the Page Library group, click Add Page.
The Add New Page dialog box appears.
4. In the Add New Page dialog box, in the Page Type column, click Build Your Own Page.
5. In Display Name, type display_name (where display_name is the user-friendly name of the wizard page and appears in the wizard navigation progress pane).
6. In Page Name, type page_name (where page_name is name of the wizard page and must be unique in the Page Library), and then click OK.
The new custom wizard page appears in the Page Library.
7. In the details pane, click the Flow tab.
8. On the Flow tab, expand stage_group (where stage_group is the name of the stage group to which you want to add the new custom wizard page).
The list of wizard pages in the stage group is displayed.
9. In the Page Library, click display_name. Drag the page to the appropriate place in stage_group on the Flow tab (where display_name is the user-friendly name of the wizard page and stage_group is the name of the stage group to which you want to add the new custom wizard page).