The UDI Wizard displays wizard pages based on the configuration options specified in the UDIWizard_Config.xml file in the Scripts folder of the MDT files package specified in the task sequence. Create a new UDI Wizard configuration file using the UDI Wizard Designer.
Tip Create a new MDT files package and corresponding package source for each unique configuration of the UDIWizard_Config.xml file.
To create a new UDI Wizard configuration file using the UDI Wizard Designer
1. Click Start, and then point to All Programs. Point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click UDI Wizard Designer.
The UDI Wizard Designer starts.
2. In the UDI Wizard Designer console, on the Ribbon, in the File Menu group, click New.
3. Make the appropriate changes in the UDI Wizard Designer console.
4. In the UDI Wizard Designer console, on the Ribbon, in the File Menu group, click Save As.
The Save As dialog box opens.
5. In the Save As dialog box, go to folder_path (where folder_path is the fully qualified path to the Scripts folder in the MDT files package source), in File name, type file_name (where file_name is the file name for the configuration file), and then click Save.
After creating the new UDI Wizard configuration file, create a new task sequence or modify an existing task sequence steps to use the appropriate MDT files package. You also need to update the distribution points with the modified MDT files package as described in in Managing Distribution Points in Configuration Manager 2012 or Managing Distribution Points in Configuration Manager 2007 R3, which is the same process for UDI and ZTI deployments.