Conditional task sequence steps are configured in the Deployment Workbench, on the Options tab of a task sequence step. You can add one or more conditions to the task sequence step to create the appropriate condition for running or not running the step.
Note Every conditional task sequence step needs at least one IF statement.
To view the Options tab of a task sequence step
1. Click Start, and then point to All Programs. Point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click Deployment Workbench.
2. In the Deployment Workbench console tree, go to Deployment Workbench/Deployment Shares/deployment_share/Task Sequences (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share to configure).
3. In the details pane, click task_sequence (where task_sequence is the name of the task sequence to configure).
4. In the Actions pane, click Properties.
5. In the task_sequence Properties dialog box, on the Task Sequence tab, click step (where step is the name of the task sequence step to configure), and then click the Options tab.
On the Options tab of the task sequence step, perform the following actions:
· Add. Click this button to add a condition to the task sequence step.
· Remove. Click this button to remove an existing condition in a task sequence step.
· Edit. Click this button to modify an existing condition in a task sequence step.