MDT includes a new task sequence step that automates the configuration of participation in Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program and Windows Error Reporting: Getting Started. The Opt In to CEIP and WER task sequence step is used to automate this participation.
Note Although you can use MDT task sequences to enable CEIP and WER for Windows operating systems (only when the corresponding task sequence step is enabled), this is separate from the CEIP information gathered when you opt in to the MDT CEIP program. For more information about what information is sent by MDT when CEIP is enabled, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=255311.
The Opt In to CEIP and WER task sequence step is included in the following MDT task sequence templates but is disabled by default:
· Standard Client Task Sequence in LTI, ZTI with Configuration Manager 2012, and ZTI with Configuration Manager 2007 R3
· Standard Server Task Sequence in LTI, ZTI with Configuration Manager 2012, and ZTI with Configuration Manager 2007 R3
· Deploy to VHD Client Task Sequence in LTI
· Deploy to VHD Server Task Sequence in LTI
· User-Driven Installation Task Sequence in UDI
For more information, see the section, Enabling Participation in CEIP and WER, in the MDT document Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.