If your environment is set up in such a way that you can access most computers by using a limited number of accounts, you can list those accounts on the All Computers Credentials page of the Inventory and Assessment Wizard.
You can use this page to list multiple credentials and associate one or more collector technologies per credential. The accounts you list here are not associated with a particular computer.
When you use the All Computers Credentials option, the Inventory and Assessment Wizard uses the first account in the list to try to access a computer. If the account fails to access that computer, the wizard moves along the list of credentials until one works. The last account to work is then used for the next computer in the inventory process. If that account fails to work, the wizard returns to the account at the top of the sequence list and tries each account until it finds one that works.
To specify credentials to use for all computers
1. In the navigation pane of the Inventory and Assessment Wizard, click All Computers Credentials.
2. To specify a new account, click Create.
3. In the Account Entry dialog box, in the Credential section, enter the account name and password.
4. In the Technology section, choose one or more collector technologies to which this account applies.
5. If you want to add another account, click Save and new. When you finish listing accounts, click Save.
After you finish, review the list of accounts on the All Computers Credentials page to ensure that the correct collector technology is associated with each account. From the All Computers Credentials page, you can make changes to the list of accounts, as necessary.
· To modify an account, click the account name, and then click Edit. In the Account Entry dialog box, modify the information as necessary, and then click Save.
· To delete an account, click the account name, and then click Remove.