The VMM PRO feature works within four different
types of servers with the following roles:
- Hyper-V managed node where an HW pre-failure
or warning condition occurs
- Hyper-V managed node where virtual machine
placement is available within a cluster or host group
- Virtual Machine Manager 2008 server managing
Hyper-V managed nodes
- Operations Manager 2007 server communicated
with a connector program of Virtual Machine Manager 2008
The Architecture Diagram illustrates the
following data process steps:
- A monitor detects an event from HP Insight
- The monitor generates a HP PRO alert.
- VMM connector transfers the HP PRO alert to
VMM and appears as a PRO Tip.
- The monitor executes a diagnostic or
recovery module, and then posts each as an NT Event entry.
- The diagnostic or recovery event rule
detects the NT event and runs a diagnostic or recovery script on
the Operations Manager server. The script communicates with the VMM
- The Diagnostic script always runs to verify
the current condition and update the PRO Tip message with its
- The Recovery script runs when automation is
selected or the user selects Implement to perform an interactive
- The script requests the VMM server to
perform the VM Migration. It selects a target host based on the VMM
host rating and cluster availability.
- The script reports the migration progress
to the VMM server as PRO Tip status.
- The script generates NT Event messages to
report the progress and status.