After activating an edge server, you continue with the deployment wizard (using the following procedure) to configure the edge server. The deployment wizard provides a configuration wizard that simplifies the configuration of settings that are necessary for your edge server to work, including the following:
- Configuration of the external and internal interfaces for each
server role you have activated on the computer.
- Selection of the features that you want to enable.
- Configuration of the way that routing to and from your internal
servers is handled.
- Configure the Edge Server Roles
Configure the Edge Server Roles
Procedure W03-DWHO.36: To configure the Edge server roles
On OCSEDGEAV01, from the Office Communications Server 2007 deployment wizard, on the Deploy Edge Server page, next to Step 3: Configure Edge Server, click Run to start the Configure Office Communications Server 2007 Edge Server Wizard.
Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed. During the process, ensure the following settings:
- Internal Interface IP Address: The internal (private) interface
IP address. Use the local IP address of the computer regardless of
whether this edge server is load balanced.
- FQDN for the internal interface: The FQDN of the internal
interface (for example ocsedgeav01.fabrikam.com in the
- Configure the external interface settings for each edge server
role according to the following table:
Access Edge Server
External IP Address (A)
5061 (remote user access port)
Web Conferencing Edge Server
External IP Address (B)
A/V Edge Server
External IP Address (C)
- On the Enable Features on Access Edge Server page,
select Allow remote user to access your network. Clear the
for Enable federation check box.
- FQDN of Internal Next Hop Server: The FQDN of the Office
Communications Server pool (for example,
OCSPool01.fabrikam.com in the reference
- Authorized Internal SIP Domains: fabrikam.com
- Internal Interface IP Address: The internal (private) interface IP address. Use the local IP address of the computer regardless of whether this edge server is load balanced.