This section provides planning information on the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 services that are included in the example solution deployment.
The services are:
- E-mail Messaging- The e-mail functionality of Client
Access Server and Mailbox server in Exchange Server 2007. New
features like OWA enhancement and ActiveSync in Exchange Server
2007 SP1 are introduced.
- Mailbox Server Role Improvements- Exchange Server 2007
SP1 also introduces new Import-Mailbox cmdlet to import mailbox
data from a .pst file to a mailbox.
- Web Based OAB Distribution- Hosted Messaging &
Collaboration version 4.5 supports Outlook 2007 clients download
their Offline Address Book (OAB) via a web based distribution point
published on a Client Access Server.
- Antivirus/Anti-Spam- By using several new message
security features that are found in Exchange Server 2007, tight
integration with other software products such as Microsoft
Forefront Security for Exchange Server, and antivirus and anti-spam
applications from Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services, you can
greatly enhance the security for your Exchange 2007
- Monitoring for Hosted Exchange- Integrated System Center
Operations Manager support provides platform-wide monitoring and
- Hosted Mobile Messaging (Microsoft ActiveSync)- This is
a new service that replaces and enhances functions found in the
earlier Microsoft Outlook Mobile Access service.
- Unified Messaging- The telephony functionality found in
Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging is new to the Exchange
product line. Its introduction combines multiple messaging
infrastructures into a single messaging infrastructure.
- Provision Hosted Exchange- The provisioning tools in
hosted Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 services.