Successfully hosting Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 for customers requires the same attention to security and system health as do any of the other services you choose to offer. This section provides links to best-practice topics in the product documentation. Review these pages for additional details:
- Plan for and design security (Windows SharePoint
Services) contains server farm checklists and
- Plan for administrative and service accounts
(Windows SharePoint Services) discusses the administrative and
service accounts needed for hosting Windows SharePoint Services in
a server farm.
- Plan for performance and capacity consolidates
the references that service providers require to estimate
performance and capacity.
- Securing Your Web Server reviews the
most common threats to Web servers.
- Securing Your Database Server, although
based on earlier versions of the Windows operating system and SQL
Server, offers a still relevant introduction to database security
- SQL Server - Best Practices offers pointers to
technical references and best practices aimed at helping you ensure
that your databases are available and performing well.