Service provisioning relies on the Microsoft Provisioning System (MPS) to automate routine administrative server management tasks such as adding new users, updating directory entries, and provisioning applications and services. By automating provisioning activities, you can lower development costs.
This section contains procedures to deploy service provisioning in your hosting infrastructure. It also includes installation tasks that you should perform prior to building your provisioning environment with the MPS Deployment Tool.
The MPS Deployment Tool will help you deploy the core items necessary for service provisioning to work in this solution. These items include:
- Provisioning Engine
- Service accounts in the Active Directory directory
- Configuration of Active Directory to the correct mode
- Creation of the Servers OU structure
- Install and Configure the MPS Database Server Cluster
- Deploy MPS
- Install the Provisioning Web Server
- Deploy the MPS DNS Client
- Configure the DNS Web Client