This section describes components of the minimal service provisioning environment. The advantages of deploying such a configuration are that you can:
- Get up-and-running quickly with little or no investment in
technology ramp-up time.
- Acquire a fully functional provisioning system with the
simplicity of a basic configuration that has lower administrative
- Use automation to streamline multiple-step provisioning
processes within your data center.
- Use the Microsoft Provisioning System (MPS) Deployment Tool,
which is a single installation application, to automate the
deployment and configuration of all MPS components while minimizing
the occurrence of errors.
- Take advantage of provided sample XML requests to initiate some
common provisioning tasks.
- Have a fully functional provisioning environment that you can
extend with customized provisioning solutions after you acquire
more familiarity with MPS functions.