This section covers the minimum hardware and software requirements for your Microsoft Provisioning System (MPS) components.
- Dual 32-bit CPUs
- 512 megabytes (MB) of memory per processor (1 gigabyte total)
- 30 MB of hard disk space
- Bootable floppy disk drive
- Two 10/100 network interface cards (NICs)
- Redundant disk and controller configuration
- L2 cache of 256 kilobytes (KB)
- CD-ROM drive (recommended)
The following software is required to support MPS:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard or Enterprise
- SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition with SP2 or higher for MPS
databases. If you want to cluster the SQL Server services, the
servers running SQL Server that host the cluster nodes require
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition and SQL Server 2005 Standard
Edition with SP2 Enterprise Edition.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 (must be installed on
the Provisioning Engine server).
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or higher.
- .NET Framework 1.1 SP1
- .NET Framework 2.0
|The MPS Deployment Tool enables you to install all the provisioning components that are described in Microsoft Provisioning System Component Overview, which includes the Provisioning Engine, MPF Client, providers, namespaces, databases, and so on.|