This alert is generated when the specified task is paused because the required tape is not available in the specified tape drive.
Possible causes for the alert include the following:
- For recovery or data copy operations, the required tape is not
in the drive.
- For backup jobs, a free tape is not available.
- The tape library door is unlocked.
The error conditions and recommended actions associated with each “Job waiting for tape” alert are provided in the alert details.
- Insert the tape with the specified label into the library
through the I/E port or by unlocking the tape library door.
- Click Continue Job in the details section of this alert
if Add tape (I/E port) or Unlock library door were
not run from the Libraries tab in the Management task
There is a time-out of 60 minutes to continue the job. If you do not click Continue Job within 60 minutes, the task fails.
Resolved when: There is a free tape available for backup jobs, the required tape is in the drive, or the tape library door is locked.