Before you can start protecting data using Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 (DPM), you must complete the following configuration tasks:
- Add one or more disks to the storage pool.
- Configure tape libraries and stand-alone tape drives if you
want to protect data on tape.
- Install a protection agent on each computer that you want to
- Start and configure the Windows SharePoint Services VSS Writer
service (WSS Writer service), and provide farm administration
credentials for the protection agent.
Note Perform this task only if you are protecting server farms on servers running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Create one or more protection groups.
For more information about these required configuration tasks, in the DPM 2007 Deployment Guide, see Configuring DPM (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=91852).