DPM Administrator Console contains five task areas:
Monitoring, Protection, Recovery,
Reporting, and Management. The Actions pane
provides access to functionality associated with the current task
and, in some cases, the item selected in the display pane.
The following table provides details about the actions you can
perform in each task area.
Use the Monitoring task area to monitor the status of
data protection, data recovery, and other DPM operations. The
Monitoring task area contains the following tabs:
- Alerts—Displays errors, warnings, and informational
messages. You can group alerts by protection group, computer, or
severity, and you can choose to display active alerts exclusively
or to display both active alerts and a history of inactive alerts.
You can also subscribe to notifications to receive alerts via
- Jobs—Displays the status of jobs and their associated
tasks. You can group jobs by protection group, computer, status, or
type, and you can filter jobs by time period. You can choose
whether to include regularly scheduled synchronization operations
in the list of jobs.
Use the Protection task area to do the following:
- Create, rename, and manage members of protection groups.
- Manage protection schedules, disk allocations, and other
- Run manual synchronization and consistency check jobs.
- Manage recovery points.
- Review and respond to results of Auto Discovery.
Use the Recovery task area to find and recover data from
recovery points. The Recovery task area contains the
- Browse—Enables you to browse for available recovery
points by protected computer.
- Search—Enables you to search for available recovery
points based on data type, location, origin, and recovery point
Use the Reporting task area to do the following:
- Generate and view reports on DPM operations.
- Schedule automatic report generation.
- Manage Reporting Services settings.
Use the Management task area to manage protection agents,
storage pool disks, and tape libraries. The Management task
area contains the following tabs:
- Agents—Displays a list of protection agents deployed on
computers and enables you to install, uninstall, and update the
agents and agent licenses.
- Disks—Displays a list of disks included in the storage
pool and enables you to add and remove disks from the pool.
- Libraries—Displays the tape libraries installed on the
DPM server and enables you to manage the tapes in the library.