DPM Administrator Console contains five task areas:
Monitoring, Protection, Recovery,
Reporting, and Management. The Actions pane
provides access to functionality associated with the current task
and, in some cases, the item selected in the display pane.
The following table provides details about the actions you can
perform in each task area.
Use the Monitoring task area to monitor the status of
data protection, data recovery, and other DPM operations. The
Monitoring task area contains the following tabs:
- Alerts—Displays errors, warnings, and
informational messages. You can group alerts by protection group,
computer, or severity, and you can choose to display active alerts
exclusively or to display both active alerts and a history of
inactive alerts. You can also subscribe to notifications to receive
alerts via e-mail.
- Jobs—Displays the status of jobs and
their associated tasks. You can group jobs by protection group,
computer, status, or type, and you can filter jobs by time period.
You can choose whether to include regularly scheduled
synchronization operations in the list of jobs.
Use the Protection task area to do the following:
- Create, rename, and manage members of
- Manage protection schedules, disk
allocations, and other options.
- Run manual synchronization and consistency
- Manage recovery points.
- Review and respond to results of Auto
Use the Recovery task area to find and recover data from
recovery points. The Recovery task area contains the
- Browse—Enables you to browse for
available recovery points by protected computer.
- Search—Enables you to search for
available recovery points based on data type, location, origin, and
recovery point date.
Use the Reporting task area to do the following:
- Generate and view reports on DPM
- Schedule automatic report generation.
- Manage Reporting Services settings.
Use the Management task area to manage protection agents,
storage pool disks, and tape libraries. The Management task
area contains the following tabs:
- Agents—Displays a list of protection
agents deployed on computers and enables you to install, uninstall,
and update the agents and agent licenses.
- Disks—Displays a list of disks
included in the storage pool and enables you to add and remove
disks from the pool.
- Libraries—Displays the tape libraries
installed on the DPM server and enables you to manage the tapes in