Unless you are an Approver or an AGPM Administrator (Full Control), you must request the creation of a new Group Policy object (GPO) if it is to be managed using Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM).
A user account with the Editor or Reviewer role or necessary permissions in Advanced Group Policy Management is required to complete this procedure. Review the details in "Additional considerations" in this topic.
|To create a new GPO with change control managed through AGPM|
In the Group Policy Management Console tree, click Change Control in the forest and domain in which you want to manage GPOs.
Right-click the Change Control node, and then click New Controlled GPO.
Unless you have special permission to create GPOs, you must submit a request for creation. In the New Controlled GPO dialog box:
- To receive a copy of the request, enter your e-mail address in
the Cc field.
- Type a name for the new GPO.
- Optional: Type a comment for the new GPO.
- To deploy the new GPO to the production environment immediately
upon approval, click Create live. To create the new GPO
offline without immediately deploying it upon approval, click
- Select the GPO template to use as a starting point for the new
- Click Submit.
- To receive a copy of the request, enter your e-mail address in the Cc field.
When the Progress window indicates that overall progress is complete, click Close. The new GPO is displayed in the list of GPOs on the Pending tab. When an Approver has approved your request, the GPO will be moved to the Controlled tab.
- By default, you must be an Editor or a Reviewer to perform this
procedure. Specifically, you must have List Contents
permission for the domain.
- To withdraw your request before it has been approved, click the
Pending tab. Right-click the GPO, then click
Withdraw. The GPO will be destroyed.