To display the Settings dialog box, in Application Compatibility Manager (ACM), on the Tools menu, click Settings.
In the Settings dialog box, on the Preferences tab, use the following controls to join or leave the ACT Community, send ACT usage data to Microsoft, or be notified when there are updates available for ACT.
- Yes, I want to join the ACT Community
- If this check box is selected, you are a member of the ACT Community and can share application compatibility data with other ACT users. If this check box is cleared, you still receive compatibility data from the Microsoft compatibility database, but not from other ACT users.For more information about the ACT Community, see ACT Community Ratings and Process.
- Send ACT usage data to Microsoft
- If this check box is selected, the following ACT usage data is
sent to Microsoft:
- The version of SQL Server being used by the
- The count of 32-bit or 64-bit computers in
- The count of computers running a Windows
- The operating systems you intend to deploy
into your organization.
- The count of computers to which you deployed
- The version of SQL Server being used by the ACT database.
- Notify me when a newer version of ACT is available (recommended)
- If this check box is selected, ACM notifies you when an update is available for ACT.