The import list in System Center Updates Publisher contains information about software updates catalogs. Updates Publisher can be configured to automatically check for newer versions of the catalogs in the list. The catalogs that have been updated, since they were last imported, are displayed and can be imported from the Updates Publisher start page in the Catalog Updates pane. When using the Import Software Updates Catalog, the Bulk Catalog Import option is available when there is at least one catalog in the import list. All catalogs in the import list are automatically imported.
Use the following procedure to modify a catalog that has been added to the import list.
To modify a catalog in the import list
Right-click any console tree node in the Updates Publisher console, and then click Settings to open the Settings dialog box.
On the Import List tab, highlight the catalog that needs to be modified, and then click Edit to open the Edit Catalog dialog box.
Specify the following information:
- Choose Path: Specifies the software
updates catalog file local drive path, network path, or URL path.
For example, c:\MyFolder\MyFile.cab,
http://MyServer/MyFile.cab. This path is used to import the
catalog file and must be accessible to the user that initiates the
- Publisher: Specifies the publisher for
the software update catalog. This is an optional field.
- Description: Specifies the description
of the catalog. This is an optional field.
- Support: Specifies a URL or an e-mail
address to use when support for the catalog is needed. This is an
- Require approval of unsigned catalogs from
this location during import: Specifies that unsigned software
updates catalogs require approval before they are imported. This is
the default setting.
- Always flag these updates for
publishing: Specifies whether to automatically flag for
publishing all software updates imported from the catalog. This
setting is not enabled by default.
- Choose Path: Specifies the software updates catalog file local drive path, network path, or URL path. For example, c:\MyFolder\MyFile.cab, \\MyServer\MyShare\MyFile.cab, or http://MyServer/MyFile.cab. This path is used to import the catalog file and must be accessible to the user that initiates the import process.
Click OK to save the changes to the catalog in the import list.
TasksHow to Add Catalogs to the Import List
How to Automatically Check for Updated Catalogs
How to Discover and Import External Catalogs
How to Import Software Updates Catalogs
ReferenceAdd/Edit Catalog Dialog Box
Settings Dialog Box
Other ResourcesImporting Software Updates Catalogs
Managing Updates Publisher Settings