In the Application Virtualization Client Management Console, the Results pane of the File Associations node can display a variety of columns. Extension, Description, and Application are shown by default.
|You can add or remove a column simply by right-clicking in the Results pane, selecting View, then selecting Add/Remove Columns.|
The list can be sorted by any of the columns. Columns that contain dates and times are sorted in chronological order, not alphabetical. For columns that contain a mix of dates and times and text, dates and times are considered to come before any other text.
The available column names contain the following elements.
- The extension, such as DOC or HTML. This is the field by which the list is organized, so each extension is displayed once on the list.
- The description or user-friendly name.
- The name and version of the application associated with the default action of this file type.
- The parameters for the default action.
- Default Action
- The name of the default action.
- Displays Enabled or Disabled depending on whether Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) is enabled for the default action.
- Linked Extensions
- A comma-separated list of other extensions that are associated with the same type.
- Confirm Open
- Displays Yes or No depending on whether Confirm open after download is selected.
- Always Show
- Displays Yes or No depending on whether Always show extension is selected.
- Shell New
- Displays Yes or No depending on whether the extension is added to the shell’s New menu.
- Applies To
- Displays User or Computer depending on whether this is a user-specific or machine-wide association.
- Icon File
- The original name of the icon file.
- Icon Path
- The original path or URL for the icon file.
- Cached Icon File
- The name of the icon files in cache (which is a GUID in the current implementation).
- Cached Icon Path
- The full path to the icon files in cache.
- Content Type
- The content type.
- Perceived Type
- The perceived type or blank.