When you no longer need a file-based resource in the Virtual Machine Manager library, it is recommended that you remove the resource through Virtual Machine Manager to ensure that the file is not in use by a virtual machine, guest operating system profile, hardware profile, or virtual machine template. Several methods are available for removing file-based resources from the library, either temporarily or permanently, depending on your needs.
In This Section
- How to Temporarily Disable Library Resources
- Provides procedures for disabling files to temporarily remove them from use in new virtual machines, templates, and profiles.
- How to Remove Files from the Library
- Provides a procedure for permanently deleting files no longer in use.
- How to Remove a Library Share
- Provides a procedure for removing a library share so that the files on that share are no longer indexed in Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to Remove a Library Server
- Provides a procedure for removing a library server from Virtual Machine Manager.
For the most up-to-date Help information, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 Help Online. To find additional Virtual Machine Manager 2008 documentation, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 TechCenter Library.