This section provides instructions for performing tasks in Administration view.
In this section
- Managing User Roles
- Create, modify, and remove user roles for VMM administrators, delegated administrators, and self-service users.
- Managing Agents on Managed Computers
- Update, reassociate, and remove the VMM agents on managed virtual machine hosts, library servers, and VMware VirtualCenter servers. For a highly available library server, remove individual nodes in a cluster from VMM after removing the cluster node from the library.
- Configuring VMM to Manage a VMware Infrastructure 3 Environment
- Add VMware VirtualCenter servers so that VMM can manage the hosts and virtual machines in your VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3) environment. Import VMware templates to the VMM library. Update the credentials that VMM uses to connect to the VMware VirtualCenter server.
- Configuring VMM Settings
- Configure settings that enable and customize features of Virtual Machine Manager.
- Backing Up and Restoring the VMM Database
- Back up the Virtual Machine Manager database as part of a comprehensive backup plan for protecting all VMM data, including data on hosts, virtual machines, and library servers.
For the most up-to-date Help information, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 Help Online. To find additional Virtual Machine Manager 2008 documentation, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 TechCenter Library.