By default, the System Center Service Manager data warehouse database retains information for three years. Therefore, compliance data managed by the IT GRC Process Management Pack is retained in the data warehouse database for three years and then is groomed (deleted) from the database.
If you need to retain IT GRC Process Management Pack compliance data longer than three years, do the following:
- Perform regular backups of the System Center Service Manager
databases to retain the compliance data longer than three
- Retain the backups based on the requirements of your
- Create a duplicate of the production System Center Service
Manager environment that can be used to generate reports on
archived data, such as in a virtualized environment.
- If compliance data is needed beyond a three-year period,
restore the appropriate database backups to the environment created
in the previous step.
- Generate the necessary reports based on the restored archived
You can use any available method for performing backups of the System Center Service Manager databases. For more information about backing up System Center Service Manager, see the System Center Service Manager Disaster Recovery Guide.