You can review key elements, such as control objectives, control activities, and the risks of a program in Microsoft Excel. To open a program in Excel, use the procedure in the Service Manager console.
Note: You must install Microsoft Excel 2007 and the Compliance and Risk Process Management Client, to access them from the console in order to make this procedure work.
To open a program in Excel
- In the Service Manager console, in the Navigation pane, select Compliance and Risk Items.
- In the Compliance and Risk Items pane, expand All Compliance and Risk Items, expand Program Management, and then select All Programs.
- In the All Programs view, select a program.
- In the Task pane, click Open Program in Excel.
This opens a Microsoft Excel <Book1> workbook with a set of worksheets containing your control objectives, control activities, and risks, and the SM Excel add-in.
- In the Microsoft Excel <Book1> workbook, you can now use the SM add-in to make updates to your program as needed.