You must plan your deployment and configure your company IT environment by following the steps and guidelines in the MDM Planning Guide before you can install MDM. Do not deploy MDM by following the procedures in this guide until you complete the steps outlined in the MDM Planning Guide.
The following MDM Planning Guide topics provide an example of the steps that you must follow for the pre-deployment planning and configuration that is required.
MDM Planning and
Deployment Checklistsprovides a systematic guide to implement
- For more information about the software and hardware
requirements for deployment, see
Requirements for MDM Servers and Managed Devices.
- For more information about topology configurations for MDM
- For more information about how to configure your company
environment before you install MDM, see
Infrastructure for MDM Deployment.
- For worksheets to help you complete the planning requirements
before you install MDM, see
Worksheets. These worksheets enable you to track the necessary
configuration information correctly during Setup.
To deploy MDM, you have a general understanding of the following:
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003
- Domain controllers
- Global catalog servers
- Active Directory® Directory Service
- Group Policy management
- Virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Network protocols
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Microsoft Internet Information Service 6.0 (IIS)
- Certificates and Secure Socket Layers (SSL)
You have read and understand the following topics in the MDM Planning Guide:
You have read and understand the following topics in the MDM Architecture Guide:
Management Server Architecture
You have read and understand the following topic in Security and Protection:
After you have planned and configured the IT infrastructure for your company as described in the MDM Planning Guide, you are ready to deploy System Center Mobile Device Manager (MDM).
The following are the steps that are required to deploy MDM.