SCM provides detailed information for each baseline setting. To access this information for a particular setting, click a setting (row) to display its high-level configuration information, and then click Setting Details to display information about it as illustrated in the following figure:
- UI Path. Defines the entire path to where the setting resides on the computer.
- Description: Describes what the setting is designed to enforce.
- Additional Details. Provides CCE-ID and registry information specific to the setting.
- Vulnerability. Explains how an attacker might mount an attack if the setting is configured in a less secure manner.
- Potential Impact. Explains the possible negative consequences of countermeasure implementation
- Countermeasure. Explains how to implement the countermeasure.
To exit the Setting Details view, click the arrow button next to Setting Details.