The GPO Backup (folder) feature in SCM has been improved to provide:
- A more robust import process. If a file in the GPO backup cannot be identified, SCM issues a warning for your review, and then continues the import process until it is complete.
- Better ability to parse security identifiers (SIDs), access control lists (ACLs), and Windows Firewall rules.
To import a Group Policy backup
- In the Action pane, under Import, click GPO Backup (folder).
- In the Browse for folder dialog box, browse to the
location of the GPO Backup folder that you want to import, click
the folder to select it, and then click OK.
Note All files in a GPO backup are preserved during the import process. Any setting information that cannot be parsed is stored. When you export the GPO backup information to a GPO Backup, all setting information is included.
- In the GPO Name dialog box, type a name for your GPO
backup, and then click OK.
- Wait for the Import GPO completed successfully message prompt to appear and then click OK.
The GPO backup displays in the Baselines Library pane of the SCM under Custom Baselines.