When you start SCM the first time, the tool goes into "first use" mode and attempts to connect to the Microsoft Download Center to download the latest product baselines available. In this mode, SCM installs the latest Microsoft baseline packages to a local folder on your computer that you can define.
For more information, see the "Getting started with SCM" Help topic.
You can also configure SCM to automatically import baselines from Microsoft, or you can manually import them. For more information, see the previous Help topics in this section.
Finally, SCM provides the option to use the Import Baselines Wizard to import a SCM .cab file.
To import a baseline using the Import Baselines Wizard
- Use one of the following ways to start the Import Baselines
- Press Ctrl+I.
- In the Action pane, in the Import area, click SCM (.cab).
- On the Select Package Files page of the Import Baselines Wizard, click Add to display the Open dialog box.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to the desired folder, click the desired baseline, and then click Open.
- Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 to import additional baselines, and
then click Next.
The Baseline details page of the wizard provides you with baseline information to review, including the name, description, publisher, and setting groups.
- Optionally, on the Baseline details page, you can select
the Create modifiable copies of each baseline to be imported
check box, and then either click Import to create modifiable
copies of each baseline that you want to import, or click
Cancel to end the process.
Note For more information about comparing and customizing your baselines, see the Help section "Compare with Microsoft recommendations" under "Customize knowledge."
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.