When you start SCM the first time, the tool goes into "first use" mode and attempts to connect to the Microsoft Download Center to download the latest product baselines available. In this mode, SCM installs the latest Microsoft baseline packages to a local folder on your computer that you can define.
A progress bar displays during the baseline import process.
Important Ensure to allow SCM to fully complete the baseline import process.
In addition to the first use mode that automatically imports baselines from Microsoft into SCM on your computer, you can configure the tool to:
- Automatically download new product baselines and baseline updates each time you start the tool.
- Manually download new baselines and updates.
- Use the Import Baselines Wizard to import baselines.
See the "Get Knowledge" section of the SCM Help for more information about these topics.
The Get knowledge section of the Help includes topics on how to:
- View Microsoft baseline packages
- Download Microsoft baselines automatically
- Download Microsoft baselines manually
- View the Baseline Library
- Import a baseline
- Import a Group Policy backup
- Import other baselines
- Compare and merge baselines
- Download baseline updates
- Duplicate a baseline
- View baseline properties
The Customize knowledge section of the Help includes topics on how to:
- Find settings
- Evaluate Microsoft recommendations
- Customize baselines
- Compare with Microsoft recommendations
The Export knowledge section of the Help includes topics on how to export baseline information in the following formats:
- Microsoft Excel workbooks
- GPO back up
- SCAP data files
- DCM Configuration Packs
- SCM .cab files