Some of the most powerful features of SCM include the ability to export data in a variety of formats that you can use to work with different products and tools to monitor the computers in your environment and produce reports. These formats include:
- Microsoft® Excel® workbooks that you can use to research and compare baseline setting information.
- Group Policy Objects (GPOs) that you can import into Active Directory® and apply to groups of computers and users.
- Configuration Packs that you can use with the Desired Configuration Management (DCM) feature in Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager 2007 to scan and monitor computers for compliance.
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) files that comply with a standard overseen by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- SCM .cab files that you can export to IT pros using SCM in other environments.
For more information about how to use SCM to produce baseline information in these export formats, see the Help topics on them in the "Export knowledge" section.