Global views in System Center Essentials 2010 are a set of views listed directly under the Monitoring node in the Monitoring pane of the Essentials console. Global views include information from all object types in your deployment of Essentials 2010. They are designed to give a high-level overview of the latest issues and actions that have occurred in your management environment.
Because items in these views include all managed objects, each view can contain a lengthy list of objects. To find a particular object or group of objects from these lists, you can use the Scope, Search, and Find buttons on the Essentials toolbar.
Default Global Views
The following global views are created by default when Essentials is installed, and they are listed directly under the Monitoring node.
- Active Alerts
- An alert view that displays an aggregation of all alerts that are not closed.
- A state view that displays all discovered computers.
- Discovered Inventory
- A state view that displays all objects located through discovery.
- Distributed Applications
- A state view that displays all monitoring objects created by the Distributed Application Designer.
- Tasks Status
- A task status view that lists all available tasks.