When you download a catalog for System Center Essentials 2010, there is always a small risk that the catalog will contain a virus or a program that can damage your computer or your information. To help protect your computer when you download catalogs, observe the following precautions:
- Install and use an antivirus program.
Antivirus programs scan catalogs before opening them and notify you
if the catalog is potentially unsafe. Be sure to keep your
antivirus program up to date.
- Only download catalogs from Web sites that
- If a catalog contains a digital signature,
make sure that the signature is valid. If it is not, do not open
- Confirm that the file type you are
downloading is correct. Catalog files have a .cab extension.
Before you import a catalog, consider the following:
- Do you trust the Web site providing the catalog?
- Do not download or import a catalog unless you absolutely trust the Web site that is providing the catalog and the publisher that created the catalog.
- Do you know what the catalog is for and what it will do to your computer?
- The Web site providing the catalog should tell you what this catalog contains and provide any special details you need to know before you import it. If this information is not available, you should not download or import the catalog.