Use the Application page of the Operations Manager Model Wizard to specify your application component choices.
|When you navigate to other pages in the Model Wizard, you should use the Back and Next buttons. Otherwise, results on the Model Summary page might not update.|
The following elements appear on the Application page of the Operations Manager Model Wizard:
- Do you want to enable Operations Manager Reporting?
- When you click Yes, an Operations Manager Reporting server is created, hosting the Reporting data warehouse.
- Will you be collecting security events by enabling Audit Collection (ACS)?
- When you click Yes, one or more Operations Manager audit collection servers are created along with separate ACS database servers.
- Do you want to consolidate servers where possible?
- When you click Yes, server roles are consolidated on the fewest possible servers.For deployments with less than 500 agents, the Audit Collector, root management server, management server, reporting server, Reporting data warehouse, and Operations Manager database are consolidated on one server. For deployments with more than 500 but less than 1000 agents, the Audit Collector, root management server, and management server are consolidated on one server and the audit database, Reporting data warehouse, and Operations Manager database are consolidated on a second server. If you request redundant servers, the primary and secondary components are not consolidated by the Model Wizard. However, you can consolidate server roles in other configurations using the Model Editor.
- Do you want to add additional server components for increased fault tolerance?
- When you click Yes, you can then add the following
additional servers to the capacity model:
- Management server
- Clustered root management server
- Clustered Operations Manager database
- Clustered Reporting data warehouse, if Operations Manager
reporting is enabled
- Clustered ACS database, if Audit Collection is enabled
- Management server
- Returns you to the Hardware page.
- Displays the Model Summary page.