Use this Model Editor action dialog to edit server roles on the selected server.
The following elements appear in the Edit server role action dialog.
- Select Usage profile
- Select the usage profile to apply to this server role. You can modify or create new server roles with the Edit Usage Profile Action Dialog.
- Server role
- Select the server components that the server has available. Depending on your selection, Subrole and Service configuration items associated with the component might appear. Some roles require a 64-bit processor and some roles require a storage configuration.
- Lists the roles available to the component. If subroles are shown, you must choose the one that applies to the server. Some roles require replica files, as listed in Storage configuration.
- Bit width
- Depending on the server component, either 32 or 64 might be available. However, if any components on the same server require a 64-bit processor, you should select 64.
- Service configuration
- Displays the subrole's configuration. Also displays servers that you can select to map the subrole's configuration to.
- Storage configuration
- Data, log, replica data, and replica log files should be mapped
to separate volumes.
- Data Files: Select the server or SAN disk volume where
the data files are stored.
- Log Files: Select the server or SAN disk volume where
the log files are stored.
- Replica Data Files: When available, select the server or
SAN disk volume where the replica data files are stored.
- Replica Log Files: When available, select the server or
SAN disk volume where the replica log files are stored.
- Data Files: Select the server or SAN disk volume where the data files are stored.