Use the Hardware Editor Device Configurations page to create, copy, modify, and delete hardware device configurations in the hardware library.
Device configuration icons indicate whether and how you can manipulate a configuration.
- A locked icon indicates that the device configurations are
system-defined and cannot be deleted.
- An in-use icon indicates that you can modify the device
configurations, but cannot delete them until the configuration is
no longer in use by a capacity model. If you modify a configuration
that is in-use by a capacity model, the hardware configuration
change you make is applied to the corresponding item used in the
You can take any action on a configuration without an icon.
The following elements appear on the Device configurations page.
- View: CPU
- Displays all CPU devices in the hardware library and the properties of the selected device.
- View: Single Disk
- Displays all disk devices in the hardware library and the properties of the selected device.
- View: Disk Array
- Displays all disk arrays in the hardware library and the properties of the selected device.
- New Device
- Creates a new hardware profile for the selected view.
- Copy device
- Copies the selected device to the hardware library.
- Properties of the device
- Displays the properties of the hardware device. Properties displayed vary depending on the currently selected device.
- Add Disk
- When the Disk Array view item is selected, enables the Add Disk option so you can add disk devices to the disk array. You can add multiple disk groups. Each disk group can contain multiple disks, as indicated in the Disk Count column.
TasksHow to Add a Device in the Hardware Editor
How to Copy or Delete a Device Configuration in the Hardware Editor
How to Modify a Computer or Device Configuration in the Hardware Editor
How to Save Hardware Configurations to the Capacity Planner Hardware Library
Other ResourcesCapacity Planner Hardware Editor
Hardware Editor Reference Topics