Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 uses distribution points to store files that are needed for packages to run on client computers. These distribution points function as distribution centers for the files that a package uses, allowing users to download and run these files, programs, and scripts when a package is advertised.
A branch distribution is intended to allow smaller or distributed offices to host a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 distribution point on an existing client computer without requiring a secondary site to be set up. Branch distribution points provide an option for efficient package distribution to a small office with limited bandwidth.
In This Section
- About Branch Distribution Points
- Provides information about branch distribution points.
- How to List Distribution Points for a Site
- Provides information about how to list the distribution points for a site.
- How to Set the Distribute on Demand Flag
- Provides information about how to set the distribute on demand flag.
- How to Initiate a Content Maintenance Cycle on a Branch Distribution Point
- Provides information about how to initiate a content maintenance cycle.
Send comments about this topic to Microsoft.