Performance rules define how Microsoft Operations Manager
(MOM) 2005 processes performance counter data.
To create a performance rule
- In the Navigation pane, click
- In the Detail pane, click
- In the Navigation pane, expand
- Navigate to the rule group to which you want to add a
performance rule, and expand the rule group folder. For information
about creating a rule group, see
Create a Rule
- In the Navigation pane, right-click
Performance Rules, and then click
Create Performance Rule.
- In the
Performance Rule Typedialog box, click one of the
Sample Performance Data (Measuring)
- Specifies that a numeric value is collected from WMI
performance counters. You can graph this information.
Compare Performance Data (Threshold)
- Specifies that an alert is generated when a performance counter
value crosses a defined threshold in either direction. Threshold
rules can also define a response.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog boxes to complete the
creation of a performance rule. For more information about the
options in a dialog box, click