Event rules define how Microsoft® Operations Manager
(MOM) 2005responds to specific events.
To create an event rule
- In the Navigation pane, click
- In the Detail pane, click
- In the Navigation pane, expand
Rule Groups, navigate to the rule group to which
you want to add an event rule, and expand the rule group folder.
For information about creating a rule group, see
Create a Rule
Event Rules, and click
Create Event Rule.
- In the
Select Event Rule Typedialog box, click one of the
Alert on or Respond to Event (Event)
- Specifies that an alert is generated or a response runs when
specific events occur. You can create event rules when certain
events are not covered in other rules.
Filter Event (Pre-Filter)
- Specifies whether to ignore specified events. Filtering rules
typically identify events that you do not consider
Detect Missing Event (Missing)
- Specifies that an alert or response is generated when
particular events do not occur during a specified time.
Consolidate Similar Events (Consolidation)
- Specifies that multiple similar events are grouped into a
single summary event on an agent computer.
Collect Specific Events (Collection)
- Specifies that events with specific criteria be collected from
specific sources. Collection rules do not provide responses or
- Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes until you
have finished creating an event rule. For more information about
the options in a dialog box, click