To enable agents to apply rules to the correct computers, you must associate a rule group with a computer group. Agents on computers within the computer group apply the rules in the rule group as necessary.
If you have a child rule group, which is a rule group contained within another rule group, you may want to associate computer groups with the child rule group.
To associate a rule group with a computer group
- In the Navigation pane, click Management Packs.
- In the Detail pane, click Rule Groups.
- In the Navigation pane, expand Rule Groups.
- Navigate to the rule group that you want to associate with a computer group.
- In the Navigation pane, right-click the rule group name, and then click Associate with Computer Groupto open the Rule Group Propertiesdialog box for the processing rule group.
- Follow the instructions on the Computer Groupstab. For more information about the options and fields in a dialog box tab, click Help.